Effective: February 2017
When we talk about “Familiar,” “Familiar Bots (including but not limited to Photographer Bot and Profiler Bot)”, “we,” “our,” or “us” in this policy, we are referring to Familiar A.I. Inc., the company which provides the Services. When we talk about the “Services” in this policy, we are referring to our digital tools and platform. Our Services are currently available for use via a web browser or applications specific to your desktop or mobile device (i.e. Slack, Messenger, and our Mobile App which is coming soon).
Information we collect
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. The information we collect directly from you includes information required to communicate with you, including your name, email address and phone number.
Familiar Bot does not access past or archived messages. Familiar Bots collect Slack account and access information from users for the purposes of connecting to the Slack API.
Content and information submitted by users to the Services is referred to in this policy as “Customer Data.” As further explained below, Customer Data is controlled by the organization or other third party that setup the team, or in the case of an individual using the Services, the profile (the “Customer”). Where Familiar collects or processes Customer Data, it does so on behalf of the Customer. Here are some examples of Customer Data (this list is not finite): profile information, messages (exclusively those in channels in which you’ve chosen to include Familiar Bot and direct messages with the Bot on Slack), pictures, videos, edits to messages or deleted messages, and other types of files. Familiar Bots do not access past or archived messages on Slack.
If you join a team on Slack and create a user account, you are a “user.” If you are using the Services by invitation of a Customer, whether that Customer is your employer, another organization, or an individual, that Customer determines its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of Customer Data which may apply to your use of the Services. Please check with the Customer about the policies and settings it has in place.
Familiar also collects and receives the following information:
• Account creation information. Users provide information such as an email address and password to create an account. This information is considered part of the Profile. On Slack, the user’s Slack ID is also collected to help create your Profile.
• Billing and other information. For Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services, our corporate affiliates and our third party payment processors may collect and store billing address and credit card information on our behalf, or we may do this ourselves.
• Services usage information. This is information about how you are accessing and using the Services, which may include administrative and support communications with us and information about the teams, channels, people, features, content, and links you interact with, particularly those shared directly to the user by the Familiar Bots.
What we use information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
(a) So the Familiar Bots can communicate with you by:
i. Responding to your requests
ii. Sending Direct Messages on Slack
(b) Personalize your experience;
(c) Better respond to your individual needs;
(d) Improve our website and service;
(e) Improve customer service;
(f) Send periodic newsletters
Your information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the service requested. It will not be made available to any party outside of the authorized Slack team(s).
Customer provides us with instructions on what to do with Customer Data. A Customer has many choices and control over Customer Data. For example, Customer may provision or deprovision access to the Services, manager permissions, retention and export settings, transfer or assign teams, share channels on Slack, or consolidate teams or channels on Slack with other teams or channels.
If you have any questions about your information, our use of this information, or your rights when it comes to any of the foregoing, contact us at email@example.com.
In addition, the browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage. Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is collected and shared. Slack does not control these choices, or default settings, which are offered by makers of your browser or mobile device operating system.
Sharing and Disclosure
Familiar may share or disclose Customer Data and other information as follows:
• During changes to our business structure. If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Familiar’s assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence).
• To comply with laws. To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process.
• To enforce our rights, prevent fraud and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
We may disclose or use aggregate or de-identified information for any purpose.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, during the onboarding experience, or via the Familiar Bots, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
Our Services are not directed to children under 13. I you learn that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.
By using the Familiar Bots, you agree and consent to Familiar’s, and its subsidiaries' and agents' transmission, collection, maintenance, processing, and use of this information, including your input and Customer Data, to provide and improve functionality in other Familiar products and services.